1. Acetal frameworks
What is Acetal plastic?
- The full name of Acetal plastic is Polyoxymethylene and called POM.
- Low friction
- Excellent dimensional stability
- High tensile and flexural strength
- Framework’s clasps hold patient’s teeth closely that create good retention
- Avoiding halitosis because Acetal has low moisture absorption
The application of Acetal material in restorations:
- Partial removable frameworks
- Night guards
- Temporary aesthetic teeth
- Implant bars
- Temporary teeth
2. Metal frameworks
What is metal framework?
- This is a partial removable restoration which has a metal framework as the main part, all of the metal structure (clasps, saddles, linking bars) is casted together to create a block.
- The replaced teeth attached to the dental saddle are made in Acrylic plastic.
- High durability
- High retention
- Better feeling of chew
- Thin denture base helps patients eat comfortably and has better feeling of eating
- Adding lost teeth easily
You can learn more about types of framework and removable restorations of Vu Gia Dental Laboratory here.
Contact Vu Gia Dental Laboratory through FACEBOOK.